Thursday, May 20, 2010

songs about buildings

The buildings in Barcelona are a varied, gorgeous bunch. Of course there are the famous Gaudi and Modernisme buildings (photos on flickr to follow I'm certain), but for now I'm completely taken with the mid-19th century buildings in the Eixample and around that are just plain pretty. Lots of plaster work and detailing that might have been reserved for the interior are exterior. Balconies, balconies, balconies! The iron work on the lamp posts, railings, and doors is wonderful. Speaking of doors, it seems the bigger and more grandiose the entrance, the smaller the doornob. It's kinda cute. Below are a few I like -- Rick Abruzzo has inspired me to quit being shy and start carrying around my big Rebel, so better shots will be sure to follow. Plus, it has stopped raining, so not having a case for the Rebel is less of an issue. Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment